CVS Beauty Haul - New Haircare & First Impressions

Hey loves! I was coming down to the last few drops of shampoo and had braved several days straight without conditioner when I finally deci...

Hey loves!

I was coming down to the last few drops of shampoo and had braved several days straight without conditioner when I finally decided to hit the drugstore in desperate need of haircare replenishment. With a little research before hand and some coupon prep, I was able to score a pretty good deal on a new shampoo and conditioner in addition to some products just for fun!



Here's the breakdown of the deals I scored last week:

 Shampoo and conditioner were top priority so I scooped up these two from the L'oreal Total Repair Extreme Line: their Reconstructing Shampoo and Emergency Recovery Mask. Both were on sale, 2 for $8 at CVS. I also had a $4 off any 2 L'oreal Advanced Haircare Products coupon to sweeten the deal.

Since all L'oreal Advanced Haircare products were on sale 2 for $8, I decided to browse the rest of the line just for kicks. I came across this L'oreal TXT IT Tousle Waves Spray and Smooth Intense Xtreme Straight Creme and decided to take advantage of the deal. Any hesitation I may have had at this point was immediately erased by a $2 off any 1 L'oreal Advanced Haircare Product coupon that I had sitting in my wallet.


Mascara was also on my shopping list, so after perusing the makeup aisles I zeroed in on this Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara in Waterproof. It wasn't until later that I discovered I had picked up the wrong mascara color, Brownish Black. Not a huge deal, but I do prefer a "Blackest Black" color to help my lashes stand out, so I ended up returning this (since this was all they had at CVS).

Before tax, my subtotal came out to $35.09...OUCH. Definitely not money that I'm willing to shell out for just a handful of products, but like I mentioned earlier, I did my homework before heading over to CVS. With the sales of the week and some coupons by my side, my subtotal came out $15.73...BUT WAIT I also got $9.50 in ExtraCare bucks (which is essentially credit back that I can spend in the store). If you take that into account, I really only spent $6.23 for all these products! WOO! I love scoring great deals!

Let me know what deals you've scored at the drugstore or what your thoughts are on any of the products I picked up.

XO,
Devin B.
www.youtube.com/devnnb

P.S. Weeee! I'm back on that bliggity blog game! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images